2nd Renewable Energy Global Investors Meet & Expo (RE - INVEST, 2016) during 18 to 20 February, 2016 in New Delhi, India
Organisation of 2nd Renewable Energy Global Investors Meet & Expo
1. The Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) had organized First Renewable Energy Global Investors Meet & Expo (RE-INVEST - 2015) during 15 - 17 February, 2015, to showcase India's renewable energy potential, as a follow-up of the 'Make in India' initiative launched by the Prime Minister of India.
2. RE-INVEST 2015, organised in partnership with Indian Renewable Energy Agency (IREDA), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce (FICCI) was a resounding success. Nearly 3,000 delegates including representatives from 41 countries participated in this 3-day event. Key among these participants included ministerial delegations from Germany and the UK, industry delegations from several countries including China and about 200 global investors. Over 200 speakers including more than 40 international speakers shared their perspectives on various aspects of renewable energy. The world-class trade show featured exhibits from 119 Indian & International organizations exhibiting their products, manufacturing technologies and innovations.
3. RE-INVEST concluded with 387 global and domestic investors/ project developers/ companies/ PSUs submitting "Green Energy Commitment" letters to the Government of India to develop and set up RE projects aggregating to more than 272 GW surpassing our initial target of 100 GW. Similarly, 30 major Banks/ financial institutions committed to finance over 70 GW of renewable energy projects. 17 companies have submitted Green Energy Commitment letters for setting up manufacturing facilities aggregating to more than 62 GW.
4. The overwhelming response received by RE-INVEST 2015 was also in line with the current status and trends that in all the ways points towards the investors' confidence reposed in Indian economy and the investment policies of the Government.
5. India has set a target of installing 175 GW of renewable capacity by 2022. To achieve this target there would be requirement of a capital outlay of US$ 120 billion and equity of US$ 40 billion. The scaled up installation targets and the intent of creating conducive manufacturing environment under the 'Make in India' initiative has opened up immense opportunities for investment in RE in India.
6. RE-INVEST 2015 has succeeded in achieving its objective/ theme. Encouraged by the massive support and participation of delegates from across the world and the enthusiasm shown by the investor to invest in RE sector in India, it has been decided to make RE-INVEST an annual event.
Action Plan for Overseas Indian Facilitation Centre (OIFC) for the year 2015-16
The 14th Meeting of the Governing Council of Overseas Indian Facilitation Centre (OIFC) was held on 2 July, 2015 in New Delhi co-chaired by Mr Anil Kumar Agarwal, Secretary, Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA) and Mr Chandrajit Banerjee, Director General, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). Hon'ble Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs, Smt. SushmaSwaraj interacted briefly with members of the GC.
OIFC is a not-for-profit Trust set-up by MOIA in 2007, in partnership with CII, to promote economic & knowledge engagement of Indian Diaspora with India. Reviewing OIFC's Action Plan for 2015-16, the Governing Council directed OIFC to undertake enhanced and sustained engagement with Overseas Indians in a proactive manner. OIFC's role and activities will therefore be expanded to include - focussed dialogues with overseas Indians; new programmes and initiatives to strengthen outreach towards young overseas Indians; and active engagement with the State Governments to offer their investment projects to the Overseas Indians. Some of these are:
The participants of the Governing Council meeting included prominent overseas Indians; Indian industry CEOs, and senior officials from GOI Ministries and 12 state governments.
The Overseas Indian Facilitation Centre (OIFC) is the economic engagement arm of Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA), Government of India, which was established in 2007, as a Public Private Partnership between MOIA and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
In continuation with our objective of promoting and facilitating economic engagement of overseas Indians with India and operating as a knowledge hub of updated information on Investment opportunities in India, OIFC will be hosting an Interactive Webinar on 'IMPACT OF UNION BUDGET 2015 ON OVERSEAS INDIANS' at 1730 hrs Indian Standard Time (IST) on Wednesday 4th March, 2015.
Webinar Time on 4th March 2015 at different locations worldwide:
Please visit https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8758096464138600194 to register for the Webinar. You will receive a confirmation email with the Webinar link and the dial-in information once you complete your registration.
As the number of seats is limited, registrations will be confirmed on a "first-come first-served" basis.
In case of any difficulties, please feel free to write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1st Global Exhibition on Services, 23-25 April 2015
1. Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, Services Export Promotion Council (SEPC) and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) have joined hands to organize the 1st Indian Global Exhibition on Services (GES) from 23-25 April 2015 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. Hon'ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, has kindly consented to inaugurate the Global Exhibition on Services on 23rd April 2015.
2. The objective of the Global exhibition is to promote greater exchange of trade in services between India and the rest of the world. The event is expected to serve as a platform to enhance trade in services and develop synergies between competitive players of the services sector in the global market. More than 40 countries are expected to participate in the event, which shall see many structured buyer-seller meetings.
3. The focus sectors identified for the 1st GES are Information Technology, Telecom, Education, Healthcare, Logistics, Media & Entertainment, Professional services, Tourism, Space, Research & Development services etc. The exhibition on services will have dedicated space for seminars, B2B meetings and round tables with themes surrounding focus sectors. There will be participation from major stakeholders including Indian and foreign governments and corporate leaders.
4. This event will provide an ideal platform to participants/visitors for showcasing services to Indian and global counterparts.