Revised guidelines for OCI applicants
Guidelines regarding OCI(Overseas Citizen of India) applications and related Services effective from 23rd November 2015.
1. All OCI applications will be submitted online along with the requisite documents (self-attested), photograph and signature (in the case of minors who cannot sign, left hand thumb impression (for boys) and right hand thumb impression (for girls).
2. After filing ofthe online OCI application and uploading the supporting documents, signature and photograph online, applicants must submit the originals of the supporting documents (along with photocopies)to BLS International (outsourced agency of High Commission/Consulate General of India) for necessary verification.
3. If there is any discrepancy in the application or uploaded documents/photograph, BLS International shall inform the applicant by email, who will need to physically submit the required documents to BLS International, for necessary online modifications.
4. Once all documents are received and verified, the applicant will receive an automated email message that the application is under process.
5. No OCI application or service request will be accepted in the off line mode any longer.