Entry Visa is granted to Persons of Indian Origin and dependent family members of Employment Visa or Research/Student Visa holders. Persons of Indian origin(PIOs) should, in normal course, apply for entry visa.
Persons of Indian origin can also be granted Tourist visa also if they so wish. However, it may please be understood that Tourist Visa is non-convertible and non-extendable; Foreign nationals who own property in India can be granted one year Entry Visa. This visa can be extended later by the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer in India on a yearly basis up to a maximum period of 5 years.
It usually requires 7 business days to grant Entry Visa, excluding the time taken in postal transmission.
1. Duly completed, printed and signed on-line visa application form.
2. Two recent colour passport size (2x2 inches) photographs in colour showing full frontal face against a white background to be pasted on the application form.
3. Current valid passport with minimum of 190 days validity and must have minimum 2 blank pages.
4. A copy of the Surrender Certificate / last held surrendered Indian passport.
5. A copy of the Canadian Landing Document
6. Where applicable, a copy of the Employment Visa should be furnished.
7. Where applicable, copy(ies) of the property in India.
How to apply and the fee charged
You need to download the form by clicking here. Submit the form at one of the offices of our outsourcing agents, BLS International. Their office addresses, timings, phone numbers and e-mail address can be found by clicking here. The fee charged for Entry Visa is C$ 123 + C$ 2/- for six month, C$ 184 + C$ 2/- for one year and C$ 306 + C$ 2/- for five year validity visa. In addition, you will be required to pay processing fee to the BLS International. Please consult them about the total cost and the exact procedure for remitting the fee.
Applicants having Non-Canadian Passports
If you have a non-Canadian Passport, the fee and the processing time can be significantly different. Please consult our outsourcing agents, BLS International for details. Their office addresses, timings, phone numbers and e-mail address can be found by clicking here.
Applicants having Pakistani Passport or persons of Pakistani origin
If you, or your parents or grand parents have/had Pakistani citizenship, a different procedure is required to be followed in your case. Please click here for details.
Please do read the General Instructions by clicking here.