Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children-2014-15
The Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs launched a scheme called the "Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children"(SPDC) in 2006-07, to assist children/wards of Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Non-Resident Indian (NRIs) in pursuing under graduate courses in several disciplines in India.
The following are the highlights of the SPDC-2014-15:
- 100 scholarships are being offered for undergraduate courses in several disciplines including Engineering/Architecture/Technology, Humanities/Liberal Arts, Commerce, Management - BBA/BBM, Journalism, Hotel Management, Agriculture/Animal Husbandry, Science, Law etc.
- The programme is open only to PIOs/NRIs from 40 countries Including Canada.
- 50 % of the scholarship slots would be reserved of PIOs. However, in the event of the non-availability of suitable PIO candidates, the unfilled slots could be assigned to NRI candidates.
- NRI candidates would be eligible for the grant of the scholarship only if their total family income per month does not exceed an amount equivalent to US $ 2,250 (US dollars two thousand two hundred and fifty only)
- Children of NRIs should have pursued at least three years of education, inclusive of 11th & 12th or equivalent (not beyond), in a foreign country during the last six years, and should have passed the qualifying examination abroad.
- PIO/NRI Students already studying in India on a self-financing basis or under any other arrangement will not be eligible under this scheme, which is open only for fresh admissions in the first semester/year of undergraduate courses.
- Candidates would be selected on the basis of their performance in the qualifying examination (equivalent to plus 2 stage in India) which decides the eligibility to apply for the scholarship scheme. The candidates would also have to fulfill all the criteria prescribed for the purpose.
- The amount of scholarship admissible would be 75 % of the total Institut ional Economic Cost (IEC) subject to a maximum of US $ Four Thousand (US$ 4,000) per annum in respect of NITs and other institutions covered under DASA Scheme with effect from the academic year 2011-2012 and where there is no increase in tuition fees for the academic year 2011-2012, the existing limit of 75% of IEC or US$ 3600, whichever is less would continue and could be made by the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs, Government of India to the applicants selected for the SPDC. IEC includes Tuition fee, Hostel fee & other institutional charges (Food charges are excluded).
- Admission may be sought in one of the institutes/colleges/universities given in Appendix 'C' of the information booklet.
- The last date for receipt of duly filled-in application forms in the prescribed format by Ed.CIL is 10th June 2014.
prescribed format by Ed.CIL is
Last date for receipt of Application Forms in EdCIL(India)Ltd.
10th June, 2014
Display of Merit List of shortlist candidates
30th June 2014
Students joining institutes
Completed Original Application Form Should be sent to EdCIL (India) Ltd. Noida at the following address:
The Project Manager (SPDC) .
Placement & Secondment Division
[A Government of India Enterprise]
Ed.CIL House 18A, Sector-16A
NOIDA - 201 301, UP, INDIA
Phone : 0091-120-2512001 (Ext: 431)
: 0091-120-2512001 to 006 (EPABX)
Fax : 0091-120-2515485 (Direct) / 2515372 (General)
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.edcilindia.co.in