ICCR OFFERS SCHOLARSHIPS TO CANADIAN STUDENTS FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2017-18.
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) is offering scholarships under the Cultural Exchange / Education Exchange Programmes (CEP/EEP) to Canadian students for undergraduate to Ph.D levels in all streams except medicine. Courses in the field of Indian Classical Music, Dance, Ayurveda, Yoga are also covered.
- The candidates must have taken Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) courses in their school leaving examination, as this is mandatory for Engineering courses.
- While ICCR will try to secure appropriate hostel facilities for the scholars, the same cannot be guaranteed and scholars may have to arrange private accommodation.
- The prospective candidates should do due diligence & research on the specific admission criteria laid down by the various Universities for each subject, and ensure that they submit all relevant documents as required by the Universities in addition to the basic certificate mentioned in the application form. For this they may refer to the Universities Handbook/University Grants Commission's website (http://www.ugc.ac.in/page/XI-Plan-Guidelines.aspx#univ_col) and the concerned institute‘s website (eligibility criteria).
- Applications should be forwarded as per the guidelines laid down. For Science courses, the expenditure on laboratory chemicals and other related incidental charges will be borne by the scholars themselves.
- The Council does not arrange admission in MBBS/BDS courses.
- Scholarship includes return economy class air fare to the nearest international airport and 3rd class AC train fare to the place of study.
- Six complete sets of application forms [properly tagged along with all supporting documents] are to be submitted to the Information Wing ,High Commission of India, Ottawa,10 Springfield Road, K1M 1C9, Ottawa, ON. Soft copy of the application may also be sent on email email@example.com.
- Priority will be given to students applying for higher studies (Post Graduate, M.Phil and Ph.D courses) and those who have never studied in India before.
- The appropriate visa will be issued only when admission is confirmed for a particular student.
- No request will be entertained for a subsequent change in course of study or university, once admission of a scholar is confirmed and he /she has arrived to join the course in India.
- Candidates may refer to ICCR website www.iccr.gov.in for eligibility criteria and other details of the programme.
- Last date of receipt of application is 20th January 2017.
12 December, 2016